All ATMs must comply with the following:
- Be securely bolted in place at the business location;
- Must display all necessary network stickers in full view on or near the ATM;
- Must display a Carroll Companies ATM sticker and contact information in full view;
- Must identify the sponsoring bank and its telephone number;
- Identify in full view on the ATM any and all surcharge fees, as well as have surcharge fee option programmed into the CPU before a customer can continue with a transaction;
- November 1, 2006 – All ATM merchants & ATM Distributors must have background checks completed.
- December 31, 2006 – All ATMs must be 3DES & EPP compliant.
- May 15, 2012 – All ATMs must be ADA Compliant.
Safety tips:Federal and State Law Enforcement studies have shown that organized ATM thieves need only a few minutes to break into a store and leave with the ATM, causing much additional damage along the way regardless of how much cash is in the machine. However, these studies have also shown that ATM thieves look for “soft targets.”
Taking the following steps with your ATM Merchants will go a long way to help prevent ATM crimes such as theft, burglary, and other related property damage at their place of business:
- Locking all doors at their stores after hours, not just the exterior security gates;
- Having a light on after hours either over the ATM and/or having a motion sensor that activates a light source near the ATM;
- Securely bolting the ATM through the floor and/or the wall into support beams;
- Consider emptying the ATM cash each night and leaving safe doors open for peering eyes to see;
Loud security alarms activated upon a breach of the premises.
If you have any questions or need further information about any of the above, please contact your Carroll Companies ATM Sales Professional.